The Celestron Firstscope pays tribute to the men and women who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us!
In 1609, world-renowned Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, introduced an elementary telescope to the growing astronomy community which sparked interest into the mysterious night sky for centuries to come. Four centuries later, Celestron offers the portable FirstScope Telescope. The Celestron Firstscope pays tribute to Galileo Galilei and many of historys most notable astronomers and scientists by displaying their names around the optical tube. We honor the contributions of these men and women, who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us.
The Celestron Firstscope is a wonderful keepsake for anyone interested in astronomy. This quality Dobsonian style telescope features a 76 mm aperture reflector optical tube. FirstScope is an ideal entry level astronomical telescope. It is very easy to observe with, the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object, making the viewing experience a snap! The compact design makes it easy enough to take with you on your next outdoor adventure. FirstScope is also stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
- Aperture (mm): 76 mm (2.99 in)
- Focal Length: 300 mm (12 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 4 mm (0.16 in)
- Focal Ratio: 3.95
- Highest Useful Magnification: 180 x
- Light Gathering Power: 118 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.9
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 15 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 75 x
- Optical DesignL: Newtonian Reflector
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.53 arc seconds
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.83 arc seconds
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty