Get the same star locating technology found on our observatory-grade telescopes at a price that fits your family’s budget with the Celestron 114LCM.
Locates objects for you
Leave the star maps at home; 114LCM computerized telescopes can locate thousands of celestial objects for you automatically. To get started, just perform our simple SkyAlign alignment procedure by centering any three bright objects in your telescopes eyepiece. From there, your LCM can calculate the time, date, and location and orient itself with the night sky.
Browse the hand control’s database and select any star, planet, galaxy, or nebulae in the database. Within seconds, your Celestron 114LCM centers it in the eyepiece and tracks it as it moves across the sky. Looking for something new to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your LCM generates a list of the best celestial objects currently visible.
Precision optics for detailed views
With the largest optics in the LCM beginner telescope family, the Celestron 114LCM packs enough light-gathering ability to provide extraordinary views of all the best celestial objects. Explore our Solar System, from the moons of Jupiter to the rings of Saturn and beyond. Then venture further into deep space to view the Orion Nebula, Pleiades Star Cluster, and hundreds of other objects. You can even explore the craters of the Moon up close, with impressive detail.
Everything you need to get started
Even if you’ve never used a telescope before, Celestron makes it easy to get started with amateur astronomy. Your LCM telescope comes with an adjustable aluminum tripod, 2 high quality eyepieces, and a red dot finderscope. Plus, everything is backed by Celestron’s 2-year warranty.
To enhance your experience under the stars, download Celestrons free SkyPortal app. Listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of the most popular objects on your iOS or Android device while you observe them with your LCM telescope.
Your Celestron 114LCM telescope can grow with you for years to come. Consider adding a Moon Filter or additional eyepieces as you progress with the hobby.
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Aperture (mm): 114 mm (4.49 in)
- Apparent Field of View: 1.6 “
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
- Database: 4,000 Object Database
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer
- Focal Length: 1000 mm (39 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9 mm (0.35 in)
- Focal Ratio: 8.77
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269 x
- Light Gathering Power: 265 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Linear Field of View: 84 ft (26 m)
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 40 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 111 x
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth
- Optical Coatings: Fully-Coated
- Optical Design Newtonian Reflector
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds
- Slew Speeds; Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty