We are a proudly South African eCommerce company specializing in Lifestyle, Outdoor and Tech products (hence the name elotshop), located in the Heard of the Helderberg, Gordon’s Bay.
We strive to connect our lovely country with the world – have you ever seen something online that you would really want, but it is just not available where you stay, that is what we are here to change.
We offer our clients worldwide delivery on most of our products, and we have a large variety of products for you to choose from.
We are avid outdoor enthusiasts and tech junkies with good business in mind. We pride ourselves in providing the best world class service, along with the best world class prices and a vast knowledgebase on our products, as we realize we are dealing with world class clients.
Purchases made from the site are subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement. By shopping or browsing on our site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by this Agreement, and the other policies displayed on this site.
The Elotshop website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without prior written consent.
This agreement is a legal agreement between any person who registers and all users of the site and elotshop.com.
This contains the terms and conditions under which you may use the site and make any purchases. Your access, registration or use of the site constitute your unconditional and irrevocable acceptance of these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all others.
If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you must not register. Without limitation to the foregoing, when you choose the accept button, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions including all special notices, the privacy and security policy and all other policy procedures and guidelines incorporated herein by reference.
The terms and conditions set forth herein may be changed by elotshop.com in the future. Any changes will be effective immediately upon being posted on this site.
Services offered and the main business conducted on the site includes the sale of electronic equipment. These services are only available to registered users. Registration procedures are set out below.
We may at any time change or add to the services provided on the site in our sole discretion.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents. The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation – data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility. The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
Before being entitled to use the site you are required to register by completing the registration section. By registering you warrant that you are lawfully entitled to enter contracts and that your correct real name, telephone, e-mail address, payment card details, and other requested information are provided. During the registration process you will be required to choose a user identity and password. Please ensure that these are kept private and confidential for your own security. Should you forget your password please contact us immediately. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password confidential or for any other unauthorized use in any manner. Your registration will be confirmed in our welcome letter, which will be e-mailed to you. You will be required to enter your user user name and password each time you visit the site.
We reserve the right to:
- 1. Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- 2. Change these Conditions from time to time and your continued use of the Website, (or any part of) following such change, shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- 3. We will use our reasonable endeavors to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
- 4. All prices are subject to change without notice. All prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuation and stock availability. We reserve the right to change any price even after a order has been placed and/or to cancel the order.
- 5. We offer products for sale, subject to them being in stock with our suppliers at the time of purchase. Being an online shop, we do not physically carry any stock, although we plan to in the near future when we open our store. Feel free to confirm stock with us prior to making a purchase. If you do make a purchase and the item is not in stock, we reserve the right to cancel the order and refund you in full.
- 6. Errors and Omissions Expected. (E&OE)
Elotshop.com shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
By registering on Elotshop.co.za, you agree to be automatically subscribed to our marketing mailing list permitting us to send you newsletters and information about our website, events, promotions, etc. You will have the opportunity to UNSUBSCRIBE at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained within any of our communications.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentation or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
We’ll match/beat any competitor’s price.
Please present proof of competitor pricing (e.g. mailer, quote, website listing) at your local store for verification and ensure all Price Promise Terms and Conditions are satisfied as outlined below.
- 1. The purchase must take place within the promotional period advertised by the competitor and must still be available (in stock) at that price from the competitor.
- 2. Product must be the same make and model, including being a new-boxed product.
- 3. Price Promise does not apply to any product(s) redeemed from elotshop.com in (or in partial) satisfaction of an insurance claim or third party redemption scheme.
- 4. Price Promise applies only to regular, in-stock product offered for sale from a South African retail dealer. Excludes limited quantities, special event pricing, trade quotes, stock liquidations and commercial quantities and parallel imported products (Grey Imports). All South African retailer website product offers will be considered where the product is the same.
- 5. Price Promise does not include typographical errors.
- 6. Price Promise cannot be used in conjunction with any additional elotshop.com product offers such as bonus product or promotional finance offers.
- 7. Price Promise applies where the other store’s final price, inclusive of delivery, taxes, fees and charges, is lower than our price.
- 8. We reserve the right to verify the evidence of the identical product sold at a lower price.
- 9. If your claim qualifies for the Price Promise, we will betterr or match the price.
- 10. The Price Promise may be terminated or amended at any time without notice and is subject toour usual terms and conditions of trade.
- 11. The price promise promotion does not apply to secondhand goods.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY POLICY
All products advertised on the Elotshop online shop are guaranteed to be genuine and new, unless stated otherwise in the product link. Elotshop.com sources all products through the official South African distributors and does not deal in “grey imports”.
Elotshop is an online shop and does not physically hold stock of all the products listed. In most instances the products are shipped directly from our South African suppliers to you, our client. We are therefore unable to guarantee the availability of stock at any given time but can check upon request. We recommend contacting us to confirm availability of stock prior to placing an order. We will only be liable for delivery of products when the products are available and in stock. When products are no longer available after conclusion of a sale, we will notify you and you will be entitled to either select another product or choose to receive a refund in full.
Please take note that delivery is subject to stock availability and receipt of payment, and orders will be processed within 2 days and delivery confirmed by way of email.
“WHAT IF THE PRODUCT DOES NOT ARRIVE?”
Delivery to some outlying areas may take between 5 and 7 working days to deliver, depending on the courier used (we will always deliver to you as soon as possible).
We guarantee your products will arrive safely at the address you have provided us.
In the unlikely event your package is lost, we will re-send the goods or give you a full refund.
DELIVERY FAILURE SCENARIOS:
- The package is lost, broken, or stolen before it reaches you, we will re-send the goods or give a full refund should the product be lost and it cannot be located. Should the item be broken upon arrival, we will have it collected and send you a new product. In practice such cases are very rare, perhaps 1 in 5000 shipments, when using courier services.
- Multi-part delivery arrives missing some items or packets. In this case, a customer had ordered more than one product and found that the order arrived without the appropriate number of ordered items. Similar to what you would do with regards to a broken item case, the proper reporting procedure would be to inform www.elotshop.com immediately and provide the requisite photos. (Guidelines for photos: Take photos of all 6 sides of the brown cardboard shipping box (outer casing) the delivery arrived in. You will then need to provide photos of the received items in the way in which they arrived inside the shipping box. Please also indicate the dimensions of the package and the gross weight of the entire package (shipping box + main product (incl. accessories, if any) + any and all packing material). Please retain the package and all contents for later reference. During this time, we will evaluate whether or not your missing product was the result of delivery or packing error. If it is determined that a packing error occurred, www.elotshop.com will arrange for the missing items to be sent to you as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is determined the missing items were the cause of a courier mishandling, www.elotshop.com will follow your claim with the courier’s office. Once the missing case is confirmed by the courier, www.elotshop.com will have your product/s resent to you.
NB – PLEASE CHECK WITH US FIRST, MANY TIMES WHEN MORE THAN ONE PRODUCT IS PURCHASED THEY MAY COME FROM DIFFERENT SUPPLIERS, WHICH MEANS YOU WILL RECEIVE MORE THAN ONE PACKAGE. IF THIS IS THE CASE – WE WILL BE ABLE TO INFORM YOU.
The price of products advertised on the Elotshop.com online shop exclude delivery charges which are additional unless stated otherwise on the product link. Delivery charges will be presented to you during the checkout process and are applicable to deliveries to major centers. Deliveries to outlying areas, plots, hospitals, universities, shopping centers and other non residential type properties may incur additional delivery charges. Delivery charges are therefore subject to change and we reserve the right to re-quote you on delivery. Should the delivery costs change, we will inform you and you will have the choice to either pay in the difference or cancel your order, in which case we will refund you in full.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment reflects in our bank account.
WARRANTY, RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
The provision of goods and services by Elotshop.com is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Elotshop.com will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 15% administration fee.
Elotshop warrant all products to be free of defects at time of shipping. All products are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and warranties.
Prior to returning faulty products you agree to contact us first so that we can provide you with the necessary details to effect the return.
In the unlikely event that a product should become faulty during the warranty period, the product may be returned in order to effect repair or replacement.
The manufacturer or its official distributing agent will, at their sole discretion, determine if the repair or replacement can be honoured under the terms of the warranty. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All Secondhand items are sold as is, without any warranty of any kind – unless stated otherwise by a Director of elotshop.com, in writing.
It is a condition of this site that the sale of any item shall be subject to the following specific warranties being given by Elotshop.com
- 1. That the description of the item for sale is substantially correct.
- 2. That such item is to the best of Elotshop.com’s knowledge and belief an authentic item and not counterfeit.
Save as set out herein all items on the site shall be sold on an “as is” basis only and neither Elotshop.com, any agent or employee thereof has made any representations or given any warranties or undertakings, express or implied (whether in terms of this agreement or otherwise) to any person with respect to such item, including without limitation, its suitability, fitness for purpose, state and condition, quality, rarity, importance, historic relevance or significance or otherwise. No statement whether oral or writing (unless by a director of elotshop.com) shall be deemed to constitute a warranty or representation.
No representations or warranties of given entitle any purchaser to produce any items acquired on the site.
In particular users are required to note that whilst reasonable efforts are made to ensure the accuracy or description of the items listed on our catalogue, no warranty, express or implied is given by Elotshop.com as to the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, age, condition or quality of the goods. Any description of the goods which may be provided by us merely represents our opinion based professional experience and is not be regarded as or taken to imply a statement or representation of fact.
NB: NO PRICE PROMISE PROMOTIONS APPLY TO SECONDHAND GOODS.
Unwanted goods may be returned for a refund within 7 days from having received your order on condition that all returned goods are returned in their original, unopened packaging, along with all the original contents.
All unwanted goods are subject to a 30% restocking fee. Delivery fees will not be refunded and the cost of returning the goods will be for your account.
PRICING AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
While we strive to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information (including, without limitation, images, information related to text, pricing, availability, product descriptions and package contents) at any time without notice (including after you submitted your order and confirmation was received). In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, Elotshop shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse and cancel any orders. Cancelled orders already paid for will be refunded to you in full.
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards, Mobicred, Snapscan or by bank transfer into the Elotshop.com bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Sorry, no cheques.
If selecting EFT as your payment option during checkout, our banking details will be e-mailed to you on completion of the checkout process.
We request that you confirm stock availability prior to making payment.
CARD ACQUIRING AND SECURITY
Card transactions will be acquired for Elotshop (Pty) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
WHO IS MOBICRED AND WHAT DO THEY DO FOR YOU?
Mobicred is a revolutionary South African Online Finance Product that allows users to apply for and receive a revolving credit facility in real-time. This means you can buy now and pay later.
Mobicred is specifically designed to operate with online e-commerce stores like elotshop.com.
Best of all, the system is completely card-less, safe and affordable. You just need to meet some basic criteria that we outline below.
How does it work?
All you have to do is apply for credit. This is really quick and easy. You apply online and there is no hassle or paperwork. If you apply during office hours you will receive a response from Mobicred within minutes. Once you have been approved, you will be advised as to your credit limit. The minimum credit Mobicred gives is R2500 and they also give a maximum of R20,000 depending on your application. Once you have been approved, you can immediately shop online at elotshop.com. This means you can use your credit to purchase anything from our store. When it is time to checkout of the store you can select mobicred as payment option and receive your goods! Mobicred gives you a revolving credit facility (just like a credit card) that allows you to spend freely up to your limit. They also send you a monthly statement and just like a credit card you pay Mobicred one single, affordable monthly installment for all your purchases. PLUS, you can re-use any money that has been paid in.
Mobicred is safe, affordable and responsible credit. You can also safely manage your account online or via your mobile phone.
The application requirements are so simple, you could be training at Magnetic in no time at all. All you need are the following basic requirements:
- 1. A valid South African ID number
- 2. You must be 18 years of age or older
- 3. You must earn a minimum monthly salary of R4500
- 4. You must have an existing and valid bank account in your name
- 5. You must also have a current and valid email address and mobile number
EFT (ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER)
One of the most widely used ways of sending money online. Once you have added enough items to your shopping cart, proceed to “Checkout” and confirm your order. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order where Elotshop’s bank account details for payment will be provided.
Your order will only be shipped once the funds reflect in our bank account as detailed below.
As reference, please specify your Order Number.
CUSTOMER DETAILS SEPARATE FROM CARD DETAILS
Customer details will be stored by Elotshop.com separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
MERCHANT OUTLET COUNTRY AND TRANSACTION CURRENCY
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Elotshop.com takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
COUNTRY OF DOMICILE
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Elotshop (Pty) ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Elotshop.com may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.